Happy Friday, everyone! I’ve had a lot of time to think and think and think throughout the past couple days due to Sandy practically paralyzing NYC. It has been pretty much impossible for my co-workers and I to work since both our phones and Internet have been down all week so we were given permission to work from home. Aside from that, I’ve been going to the gym a lot and learning things about myself and about life in general.
1) It took me at least a day to be okay with being lazy. I’m the type of person who jumps up from the couch in-between TV commercials to do random shit around the apartment.
2) I’m a SCARDY CAT. Any random noise or gust of wind scares the crap out of me. Don’t be mistaken by my tougness–it’s alllllll a facade, people.
3) Since I’m basically around people all the time — mainly my friends — it felt absurd to be by myself for such an extended period of time. I found myself legitimately looking around the apartment thinking one of my friends would pop out of a corner. But then again, that probably would have scared me too. WTF.
4) I realized that without the gym, I would have felt kind of lost. Which is ridiculous. I should get used to more at-home workouts at some point in my life. Now would be nice.
5) Being lazy makes you tired… being tired makes you lazy.
6) Andy Cohen is and always will be the shit.
7) Mindless eating isn’t worth it when you’re bored.
Most importantly, I realized how lucky I am after watching the news for hours upon hours of how badly people were affected by Sandy. People are without power, hot water, and food. Furthermore, people lost everything they have. Let’s please keep all of those who have been less fortunate than us in our thoughts and prayers.
Have a great weekend, everyone.